One of the best things you can do to ensure your child’s ongoing health is to schedule well-child checkups regularly. These visits are opportunities for your child to get to know our providers, and for your child’s providers to identify small health concerns before they become larger problems.
Children typically have well-child checkups at the following ages:
- A few days after hospital discharge
- Two weeks
- One month
- Two months
- Four months
- Six months
- Nine months
- One year
- 15 months
- 18 months
- Two years
- 2.5 years
- Annually starting at three years
If your child's provider has any special concerns, more frequent visits might be recommended.
A well-child checkup usually includes:
- Checks of height and weight.
- Monitoring of heart and lung function.
- Examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat.
- A visual examination of the skin.
- Administration of any necessary vaccines.
- Time to discuss any concerns related to health or development.
To schedule a well-child visit, call our office or use MyChart to schedule online. Please note: MyChart is a service for established patients only; call our office to schedule a first appointment..